Sunday, February 28, 2010
Snow Pea & Couscous Salad with Feta and Mint Pesto
1.5 cups couscous
1 tspn Chili sauce
1 tblspn olive oil
Sea salt, to taste
3 cups vegetable stock
150g frozen baby peas
250g snow peas, trimmed
200 g feta
½ cup mint leaves
¼ cup flat leaf parsley
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup grated parmesan
¼ cup toasted pine nuts
1) Pour boiling stock over the Couscous. Stir once and cover with a tight lid. Keep couscous covered and off the heat for 7-8 minutes. The stock should then be completely absorbed.
2) Add the chilli sauce, oil and salt and fork through couscous
3) In a food processor whiz together all the mint pesto ingredients. Alternatively, use a mortar & pestle.
4) Boil water in a saucepan.
5) Put peas in and boil for 1 minute
6) Add the snow peas and boil for another 1 minute
7) Refresh under cold water, drain, and toss through the couscous with the minted pesto.
8) Scatter the crumbled feta over the top of the couscous.
9) Eat & Enjoy!