2 tsp macadamia or peanut oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tsp finely grated ginger
¾ tsp curry powder (more if you like it strong)
400g can diced tomatoes
400g can lentils, rinsed, drained
400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
250ml can coconut milk
1) Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and ginger and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens.
2) Add the curry powder and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until aromatic.
3) Add the tomatoes, lentils, chickpeas and coconut milk and stir to combine.
4) Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the mixture thickens slightly.
5) Remove from heat. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
6) Serve immediately with yoghurt, cucumber and pappadums, if desired
7) Eat & Enjoy!