Sunday, April 18, 2010
100g caramel-filled chocolate block
2 cups plain flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
80g butter, melted
1) Place chocolate in freezer for 1 hour or until frozen.
2) Preheat oven to 180°C.
3) Grease a non-stick, 12-hole, 1/3 cup-capacity muffin pan.
4) Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl.
5) Add sugar and stir to combine. Make a well in the centre.
6) Combine milk, egg and butter in a jug and pour into well.
7) Using a large metal spoon, stir until just combined.
8) Chop frozen chocolate and fold into batter.
9) Three-quarters fill muffins holes with batter.
10) Bake muffins for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
11) Allow muffins to cool in pan for 1 minute. Carefully transfer to plates.
12) Eat & Enjoy!