1.5 litres (6 cups) vegetable stock
500ml (2 cups) red wine
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 leek, thinly sliced
500g flat mushrooms, sliced
500g Arborio rice
75g grated Parmesan Cheese
3 tablespoons chopped parsley
shaved Parmesan & parsley to garnish
1) Place stock & wine in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low, cover & keep at a low simmer.
2) Heat the oil and butter in a large saucepan or deep frying pan. Add the leek & cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until soft & golden.
3) Add the mushrooms & cook for 5 minutes, or until tender.
4) Stir in arborio rice until it is translucent.
5) Add 1/2 cup stock, stirring constantly over medium heat until the liquid is absorbed. Continue adding more stock, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly for 20-25 minutes or until all the stock is absorbed and the rice is tender & creamy.
6) Stir in the Parmesan & chopped parsley until all the cheese is melted.
7) Garnish with Parmesan & parsley.