1 tablespoon olive oil
1 white onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
1/2 teaspoon crushed chilli
2 x 400g cans crushed tomato
300g flat mushrooms
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 cup red wine
1/2 bunch basil
salt & pepper
1/2 bunch silverbeet (or spinach) washed well, blanched, and chopped
Packet of lasagna sheets
2 cups grated cheese
1) Heat a medium sized saucepan over medium heat, and add oil. When hot add onion, garlic and chilli and stir until translucent.
2) Add tomatos, mushrooms, tomato paste, red wine, basil, salt & pepper. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 1 hour, or until it has thickened.
3) Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
4) Assembly time. In a lasagna dish or baking tray put down a layer of lasagna sheets. Spread the tomato and mushroom mixture over the top. Spread a layer of the spinach/silverbeet. repeat. Finish with the tomato & mushroom mixture.
5) Top with grated cheese.
6) Bake in oven for 30 minutes, or until the cheese is browned and a knife slides easily through the lasagna sheets.
Note: The original recipe also had a white sauce that went on the top, before the cheese. I skipped it as I hate white sauce, however feel free to add it when you make it. Enjoy!