Saturday, December 19, 2009
2 medium onions (finely chopped)
250g mushrooms (sliced)
2 tbsp oil
500g cottage cheese
2 tbsp fresh (or 1tbsp dry) parsley
½ tsp dried tarragon
½ tsp thyme
½ tsp salt
Black pepper to taste
Juice of 1 lemon
2 sheets puff pastry
1) Pre heat oven to 225°
2) Heat the oil & sauté the onions over medium heat until tender
3) Add mushrooms and cook until they are heated through
4) In a large bowl mix the cottage cheese, seasonings and lemon juice.
5) Add the mushroom & onion mixture and stir to combine
6) Lay out 2 sheets of puff pastry
7) Spoon half the filling in a band across the first pastry sheet, about 5cms from one of the edges, then carefully roll up. Repeat with the other sheet of pastry and the remainder of the mixture
8) Using a sharp serrated knife make diagonal slashes through the top of the rolls, about 3cm apart
9) Bake for 20-25 minutes
10) Leave to stand for 5 minutes, then slice and serve.
11) Eat & Enjoy!